Friday 1 February 2013

Seal Bay Nature Park - The Mystery Forest

I’ve walked the trail to Melda’s Marsh a hundred times but on this one day, the intensity and quality of light revealed this mysterious scene.  It was the rare combination of a mid-summer day and the pulsing light from changing cloud densities that created an opportunity.  I had the sense this scene could soon change so I began shooting immediately.  Believing I had “something-in-camera” that resembled what I felt while drawn into this space, I began to pack-up.  By the time I was ready to leave, the light had changed and the scene was gone.  Every time I walk past this site I marvel at how it's so different and how one can return to the same place hundreds of times and leave with an entirely different experience.  That’s one of the reasons why I’m attracted to photography.  As in life, those snippets of time are so fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment